Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Entering the Big Leagues

Photobucket
Do you ever walk around your office aimlessly with papers in your hand so it looks like you are doing something important, and with purpose? I don’t do that ever, I just thought it might be interesting if people do. It seems kind of pointless to do that really. I mean get to work already.

I’m actually proud (and I don’t use that word often) that One Man’s Problem now has a logo. People should take notice that amateur hour is officially over. There is a new sheriff in town, the same sun that melts butter hardens clay, you just gotta bang the drum, “insert something else that sounds clichéd and hack”. This slice of sunshine comes courtesy of my buddy Amy at http://www.amymade.com/, who also handles design for the Grow Up parties that I am involved with (yes outside of blog, I do occasionally accomplish things, although my writing suggests otherwise). She also does real work for real clients (as opposed to fake clients like me) and she makes tight beats as AmyWhoa (www.myspace.com/amywhoa).

I’m putting up some tunes from one on my favorite piano playas (spelt wrong on purpose, cuz I'm so street), Ramsey Lewis. I’d say my top 3 are him, McCoy Tyner, and Ahmad Jamal. In a fight, I think Ahmad would destroy them both. I’m assuming that McCoy would drop first, since he is a bit more abstract, and those types tend to be waifish and frail. Ramsey would probably stay in for a least a couple rounds, and put in a good fight until being absolutely beaten to a pulp. It would probably play out like the end of Rocky I.
Ramsey Lewis – Bold & Black
Ramsey Lewis – Uhuru
Ramsey Lewis – Wanderin' Rose


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those tracks are great. Never heard o him before. Any particular albums of his you would recommend? Sounds like it was made in late 70's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Funky Serenity. That album is tight.

    ReplyDelete