Tuesday, November 10, 2009

There's Too Many Words

Photobucket
It must suck to visit blog with the sole intention of downloading some tunes for free and having to scroll down through all the pointless text to get to the real meat. In our current, fast-paced, instant gratification world, One Man’s Problem does not always instantly gratify, and I assume that the average net surfer would tire of the extra 5 to 10 seconds they are wasting with their finger depressed on the clicker. I mean this in all seriousness (I know that I have a penchant for sarcasm which doesn’t always translate well in type, since it’s hard to enunciate text; you have to use CAPS, underline, or color the word, and even that doesn’t always drive your point as intended. There was a Mr. Show episode where David Cross writes to some cereal company about how much he LOVES their cereal, so they keep sending him free cereal boxes, and he’s all pissed that they don’t get it. Conversely, once a person gets accustomed to the sarcasm in print, it’s also tough for them to ever take you seriously again. I guess I’d still prefer the latter) and the main criticism I've received regarding blog (other than "its a pointless waste of time") is that the posts are too long. I guess in order to somehow focus the downloader’s attention I could post the link within the text (color-coded of course, otherwise, they’d get flustered and just 86 the site, without free tunes), so they’d probably have to at least read that particular sentence. I could pepper up the sentence with either some radically interesting factual information (like every other blog, and only if it exists), some bizarre fiction about the artist, or create some fake internet award to suck the reader in and procure a click. I was going to provide examples, but I’m over it, as the track You Can Do It by the band Five Special, who I’m posting up today, is totally uninteresting, aside from the fact that they were produced by Ron Banks of the Dramatics, older brother to band member Brian Banks. Then I found out that shortly after recording the dub version of the aforementioned song, You Can Do It (Dub), band member Steve Harris photographed the world’s first unicorn in a barn adjacent to his house just outside of Dearborn, MI (this was quickly covered up by the FBI). If you are reading this now, you are the 1,000th viewer of this post, and you are subject to a $10,000,000 Dollar Cash Prize: Click here to claim your prize, Five Special – Sexy Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment