Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hiatus

Photobucket
Every single day of my life at work, this one guy says "Good Morning, Ryan" to me in a very pompous and proud manner, as if to suggest that he is the only cool, older, distinguished gentleman that graciously greets the surfs of the workplace (to set himself aside from the others, who could care less about us peons). Unfortunately that is not my name, and I know that I've missed the window to correct him, however I had no idea that he was even talking to me in the first place for a full two weeks. Once someone has made that particular mistake that many times, the fault falls into your lap if you decide to correct them that late in the game. Anyways, right above my desk, my name is displayed in at least a 72 pt. font size, so he is either oblivious or has a vision impairment of some sort. I must look like a furry ball of colors to him, which prompted me to thinking about how odd and psychedelic it must be to live in a world surrounded solely by tinted fuzzy spheres that talk.
Skying High - Getting Off On Your Loving
Musique - In The Bush (Remix)
CAM Stati d'Animo - Indian Feeling
CAM Stati d'Animo - Psycho Feeling
SPEED - Tremplin
Distortions Pop - Microchaos

2 comments:

  1. sad. I had a girl in college once that called me Liz. For A YEAR she called me Liz, her name was Liz...one night, in a drunken party haze, after she (genuinely friendly) hugged me and calls me Liz one final time...I hugged her back, held her at arms distance and lightly shook her, "my name is NOT LIZ, Liz!...it's Amy". She face palmed and turned red with inebriated embarassment. that was kinda anti-climactic, I just wanted to associate with you, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he knows your name is Ryan. Perhaps it's his way to display his dominance or make him feel superior. This may be his ultimate way of saying "Fuck you" without saying it. It's either that or he is just really bad with names.

    I'm plagued by people not remembering me. I once met this girl like 40 times before she actually remembered my name.

    ReplyDelete