Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Feline Fine (Sorry)

Photobucket
Blog has drained me. I’ve put everything into it and recouped absolutely nothing. Not once has blog bought me lunch, invited me to the bar, given me a ride, or lent me a dollar. I know for a fact that blog would not take a bullet for me, despite the fact that it survives solely on my nourishment. Blog even kicks me when I’m down, and spreads nasty rumors about me to strangers. To say the least, we have a complex relationship, based mostly on enabling. Blog encourages my mind to speak freely and in return I allow him to incessantly torture and plague my thoughts.

Music selection for today, is a couple themes from the movie Cat People (which was actually an erotic remake of the original from 1942), written by one of my heroes, Giorgio Moroder, with some vocal work done by another music genius, David Bowie (unfortunately the tracks featuring Bowie are not the strongest on the soundtrack). The plot to Cat People is off the hinges: The Cat People originated way back in time, when humans sacrificed their women to Leopards, who mated with them. Cat People appear similar to humans, but they must copulate with other Cat People, otherwise they turn into panthers after mating and then must kill in order to take human form again. Pretty harsh dilemma, especially when the population of Cat People is few and far between. The movie, Species, pretty much has the same plot, except they substitute Cat People with an Alien, and the soundtrack’s not that great, so my suggestion is to go with the ’82 remake.
Giorgio Moroder – Irena’s Theme
Giorgio Moroder – Leopard Tree Dream
Giorgio Moroder – To The Bridge

1 comment:

  1. actually, you're wrong, the soundtrack to Species is amazing.

    ReplyDelete