Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flashback!

Photobucket
Today is business as usual, or at least I am at work, and I am bored, so its blogging time. I don't know if my mind is prepared yet to write anything that is actually interesting so I guess we shall see what comes. Here is something that I pondered today. Whats up with staring at people? I do that shit all the time, like when I walk by them and I wanna look at them, I just kinda do it. If they look back and I know them pretty well, I'll be like "Hey" or I'll give the headnod, implying "whats up". Or sometimes I'll just keep looking, and think, "thats right I'm looking at you, what of it?". But then sometimes I look at people that I don't know, or kinda know and when they look back, I look away really quick, like I wasn't looking at them. I think I need to change that. So what, I AM LOOKING AT YOU and I'm gonna keep looking at you because you are pretty, or ugly, or weird-looking or whatever. My realm of sight belongs to me: I am its master, and your gaze has no effect. But sometimes people stare at me too, and I don't know how to read it, or I do read it, but likely incorrectly. If a girl is staring, then either my fly is undone, I have a stain on my shirt, or she is in love with me. In my mind, those are the only options. From this I've learned that I need to focus on my starring more, and really control my conviction and determination. Similarly, when being stared upon, hold strong, and not internalize it. Accept the stare as a generous gesture.

Another thing I thought about today (while watching a blind man shit), is how much it must suck to take shits in public restrooms when you are blind. First off, you have supersonic hearing and smell, which means you can really smell how bad the bathroom/feces smells, and you can really hear people grunting to force it out, as well as farting, peeing, and any other sound that arises in restrooms. Plus, you can't see whats in front of you, so stepping in puddles and putting your hand onto some rather unsantitary surfaces is likely to happen. For the record, he was taking a shit with the stall door open too, so for a second I literally did watch.

For today, I'm putting up a track by Nightlife Unlimited. Screw it I'll put up two tracks to spoil my imaginary audience. Both of these are from Nightlife Unlimited's later year (in disco terms, thats usually when you start to suck, or at least die from doing too much blow or getting AIDS). But they go against the trend in this case, and put out some of their best material on the album. Peaches and Prunes is an all-time disco classic, and although the Ron Hardy Edit that everyone always jizzes about is easy to mix, the original takes a serious crap on it. It is just waaaay better. I also put Just Be Yourself on here, which is just one of the other awesome tracks on this record.
Nightlife Unlimited - Peaches and Prunes
Nightlife Unlimited - Just Be Yourself

The pic above, is of Big Sur, California. Probably my favorite place in the world, definately my favorite destination in my birth state. I was just there for a music fest, put on by the Folkyeah! people, with a bunch of bands, which was really fun. In honor of my trip to paradise, I'll post a track by Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, who was easily the crowd's least favorite of all the bands that played. I thought they ruled though (I literally laughed the whole time); I loved the diva behavior, the fact that every single song they played was a completed left (aka sinister) turn from the last, and that they had one super fan who danced his ass of to every song, knew all the lyrics, and sort of stalked them from the side of the stage. Here's Flashback, my favorite from their set.
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Flashback

No comments:

Post a Comment