Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Obsessing

Photobucket
Damn I'm getting into this bloggin thing. It seems I always need something completely pointless to devote my time to (I'll spare you the details of some of my other conquests, but lets just say that I own a lot of really useless things that other losers might consider rare. Its especially funny how all of these rare things completely lose their "value" in a shit economy, and suddenly all of your bullshit is especially meaningless). At least the blog is free. I don't currently have internet at home (or much of a social life apparently, and the whole purpose of this was to do something with the useless time I spend at work) so I can't just sit down and put up a post when I get a stupid idea, or hear a cool track. So I am literally scribbling down little tidbits to put up on the back of envelopes of bills that I should probably pay, and taking them to work, so I don't forget my two sentence idea. At least at work I look like I'm writing something vigorously (people probably see me writing this shit in my cubicle, and think I'm preparing contracts or maybe devising a way to rework the budget and reverse the salary cut that they imposed on everyone last month. Sorry people). My idea's are really bad too: really forced, not well developed or thought through...usually the product of coffee and boredom, or the watered down replica of someone else's marginal idea. At least I know I'm not the only one with a crappy blog, as I've read some of the others in this sphere. The best blogs are the ones that just post super high quality tracks with no pretense or overwhelming description. Just the bare bones: artist, album, year, label. So simple, so pure. Unfortunately my fictitious reader has to deal with my bi-polar train-wreck solipsistic writing (having to re-read each sentence because I improperly use parenthesis in every sentence) before they can even get to the track, and I often don't list the label or the year. Boooooooo!

Moving on, I found this amazing Mandre album the other day called M3000, which is on fucking Motown records. Now I'm not disputing that Motown is an amazing label; their roster of artists is pretty fucking epic, but this is some serious space-boogie funk. I would expect this to be on a slightly more underground label I guess, not the next LP released after Smokey Robinson. I mean in '79 when this album was put out, Motown also put out the Commodores, Stevie Wonder, Billy Preston, Teena Marie, etc... Lets not forget that just a few years later Bruce Willis released an album on Motown (I think he released two or three LPs with them). Actually the fact that Bruce Willis put out albums on Motown may be an good argument that Mandre does belong there. Here is the whole album.
Mandre - M3000 (Opus VI)
Mandre - L'Oasis
Mandre - Final Funk
Mandre - Spirit Groove
Mandre - Freakin's Fine
Mandre - Do Watcha Gotta Do
Mandre - Swang

1 comment:

  1. Serious space funk man...if I could only have a few hits of nitrous....

    ReplyDelete