Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hotthobo's Online Presence

Photobucket
I hate it when I'm looking for information on google about some record, and everyone else is using the same name as their moniker, ultimately making it tough to weed through the crap and find the real juice. I wanted to figure out a little info about one of the tracks that I'm gonna post today by Captain Dax, but apparently there are a bunch of Captian Daxes. One of them is into DnD and posts up generic dice roller programs (i'm not kidding), another was a character in Starship Troopers. Which got me to thinking about any potiental imitators that I might have once my blog goes platinum. I googled my dj name and basically found things on the first page that relate directly to me, which is good I guess (there aren't really any other Hotthobos), but when I saw the crap that did make page one, it was a total reflection of how boring my online persona is and how little I've accomplished. Then I saw Ben The Hott Hobo of Clarence Center, who is on myspace. Wow, two Ts, just like me; we must be brothers from different mothers. So I checked out his page and what do you know he's in my extended network, but he only has two friends (loser!) and one of them is Chelsea Two, who I don't know. The other is Myspace Tom, so I guess we do have that in common. Also his last login was 6/10/2006, so the fact that he appears on the second page of googling my own handle is kinda pathetic, definately a poor reflection on my PR skills. Also, fucking One Man's Problem doesn't even come up till the third page. If people are looking for Hotthobo, I want them to find the fucking source, and quickly. Nobodys gonna go all the way to the third page to find out about the true anguish of Hotthobo (or even gonna google my shit anyway) . They'll realize by the 2nd page that I don't really have shit going on worth googling.

In the google process I did come across a lot of hobo related bits which I did find sort of interesting. Some of them were pretty lame, like "Johnny Depp is so cute in Pirates of the Carribbean, what a hott hobo! Lol :)", but some were relatively interesting, like this hobo code from the Annual Convention Congress of the Hoboes of America from 1894 (this is still happening annually. Apparently the convention is now held the second weekend of August in Britt, Iowa at the Hobo Museum, where they sell these great sweatpants - see pic above).
Hobo Code
As inscribed in the Annual Convention Congress of the Hoboes of America held on August 8, 1894 at the Hotel Alden, 917 Market St., Chicago Illinois;
1.-Decide your own life, don't let another person run or rule you.
2.-When in town, always respect the local law and officials, and try to be a gentleman at all times.
3.-Don't take advantage of someone who is in a vulnerable situation, locals or other hobos.
4.-Always try to find work, even if temporary, and always seek out jobs nobody wants. By doing so you not only help a business along, but insure employment should you return to that town again.
5.-When no employment is available, make your own work by using your added talents at crafts.
6.-Do not allow yourself to become a stupid drunk and set a bad example for locals treatment of other hobos.
7.-When jungling in town, respect handouts, do not wear them out, another hobo will be coming along who will need them as bad, if not worse than you.
8.-Always respect nature, do not leave garbage where you are jungling.
9.-If in a community jungle, always pitch in and help.
10.-Try to stay clean, and boil up wherever possible.
11.-When traveling, ride your train respectfully, take no personal chances, cause no problems with the operating crew or host railroad, act like an extra crew member.
12.-Do not cause problems in a train yard, Another hobo will be coming along who will need passage thru that yard.
13.-Do not allow other hobos to molest children, expose to authorities all molesters, they are the worst garbage to infest any society.
14.-Help all runaway children, and try to induce them to return home.
15.-Help your fellow hobos whenever and wherever needed, you may need their help someday.
16.-If present at a hobo court and you have testimony, give it, whether for or against the accused, your voice counts!

Captian Dax - Dr. Beezar (7-inch version)
Cloud One - Dust to Dust

4 comments:

  1. They had a hobo convention in a hotel?
    I do like the rules, it's like the 10 Crack Commandments for vagabonds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome...'Jungling' I guess thats code for passing out naked in somebodys backyard or park?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't let this go...if you have nothing better to do in your life, I suggest you scroll through the Hobo News section here...hysterical may not be the most appropriate word but certainly is the first one that comes to my mind....

    HOBO NEWS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your moving up hotthobo! You're at the top of page two now. Adding a space (hott hobo) is what really gets you some good results.

    ReplyDelete