Friday, August 28, 2009

TheRapist

Photobucket
Technically I am breaking the rules by taking my own free time to post one of these (instead of using work time), but I've actually been busy at work. I never thought I'd see the day. So today is gonna be a super post to make up for all the days that I've missed. Hopefully someone will be psyched on this.

I'm once again realizing that I am a horrible promoter. The only time that I was ever able to cull a relatively largish group together, was when I guilt tripped people into coming to one of my dj nights using my birthday as an excuse. Pathetic I know, but effective. Plus I worry like a fucking little girl on her super sweet 16 that everyone is having a good time, and that everything will run smoothly. I really have no control in the end, and asking the same person 10 times throughout the night if they are alright will likely make them think I am a weirdo.

I'm putting up a bunch of tracks from Radar Records, which was a boogie label out of NYC. They release only a handful of 12"s from 1982 to 1984, most notably Reach Up by Toney Lee which isn't gonna be posted here cuz its on like every other blog.
Barbara Fowler - Come and Get My Lovin'
Key-Matic - Breakin in Space
Arnie's Love - I'm Out of Your Life

Also I'm gonna put up an exclusive remix of I Know You Got Soul by Eric B and Rakim, done by a buddy of mine, Loose Shus (www.myspace.com/thedmv). Its a short 2 min teaser, but some serious heat notheless. An exclusive for my shitty blog, what what!
Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul (Loose Shus Remix)

The last track is Feel Alright by Komiko which is a slow tempo italo/disco jam off of SAM records out of long island city. Check out a little blurb about that label here http://www.disco-disco.com/labels/sam.shtml.
Komiko - Feel Alright

No comments:

Post a Comment