Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How High Can You Get On An Airplane

Photobucket
I'm starting to realize that this blog is more of a personal diary for me, than an informative music resource for anyone else (which is exactly the opposite of my original intention), and I'm just gonna go with it. It sucks as I hate the blogs about how "today I ate a salad with salsa on it and it was good, but I did not agree with Dell Taco's choice of sauce; too much vinegar!". I also hate the blogs that just paraphrase the allmusic write up of who ever the fuck they are posting about. And still, I'll admit that I do both of those things, and probably with less imagination than many others. Still I enjoy the smell of my own shit, so I'll likely continue doing it. After all I am entitled to bore the shit out of you on the blogosphere. Everyone is.

So that being said, my great epiphany of the day is that despite how much pain you think you are in, it is much better to just tolerate it than to take a hydrocodiene and continue to do normal office work. There are a few things that I've noticed which have been rather weird and unpleasant:
1. Spelling is worse
2. Stomach is making noises
3. Eyes are red
4. Paranoid that everyone knows I'm high
5. Hard to talk to people
6. I'm parched

On the positive side, I am actually doing work (although in a somewhat transient state. I'll have to check on the quality of it tomorrow), and my back sort of hurts less. Enough rambling.

Today's posted song, I discovered from the blog American Athelete, which is likely the best disco blog going at the moment (I give it full props, and there is a link to it on this site, check it out). But, I have to bring this up (no disrespect to the blog, but I'm taking names here), while people actually read that blog, mine, which no one reads, is in this one instance better, as my version of the song is higher in kbps quality (HaHa!). Freakin Time Part II, by Asphalt Jungle is quite possibly my favor disco jam of all time. The chorus is a mantra that I've adopted, and I chant it to myself when I am seeking a boost in confidence (if I'm about to dejam the copy machine, "Can I freak you baby...Cuz its freakin time"). I dare you to find a better chorus. I immediately had to find the single, and that very day, I grabbed a copy off ebay for $6 dollars shipped. Success! On my deathbed I will probably remember that and I don't know whether that is a positive or negative reflection on my life. I know nothing about the band other than that they are from Philly and didn't put out much stuff.
Asphalt Jungle - Freakin Time Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment