Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh Yeah...

Photobucket
So I was looking through a bunch of blogs (aka business as per usual) and I realized that I had my own blog again, and that I haven't updated that little guy in hot minute. So I'm typing this while I'm on hold with some publishing company for work, and I'm almost willing to bet that I can finish this whole post before I even talk to anyone. The track for today is a jam that was on the Elaste Vol.2 compilation put out on Compost Records (shucks, I just lost my ficticious bet by the way), which was compiled and mixed by Tom Weiland from 7 Samurai and Panoptikum. The mix itself is great, but of course, all great mixes leave me wanting full length copies of the originals, if not ultimately the originals themselves. I was initially kind of butt-hurt because the first Elaste comp was all tracks, and the second was mixed, so I couldn't get my grubby hands on the tracks, and there was little to no chance that I'd find some of these tracks anywhere in my lifetime. Anyways, poor old me did stumble upon a vinyl copy of Elaste Vol. 2 which did have most of the tracks, and definately all of the ones that I wanted in their full length form. I'd suggest you find it and buy it.

The track that I'm putting up is by Stroer, aka Hans Peter Stroer, who is a German musician and filmaker (I guess). I took a look at his website, which even when translated, still hurt my brain, so I'm officially over doing research on this guy at least for now. I tried to paste in something from his site, and messed my whole operation up here (I had to start over, sort of!), so watch out as his technology is dangerous. What I will tell you is that dude was featured as a studio musician on a bunch of disco and pop records, for the likes of Amanda Lear, La Bionda, Donna Summer and Falco. Here is his site, prepare your mind, http://www.hpstroeer.com/. Anyways, the song is Don't Wait Till Breakfast, and its amazing, both lyrically and production-wise.

Stroer - Don't Wait Till Breakfast

PS - Today's photo is of of my old roommate's collection of condoms. I know it relates to the post in no way, but if you look at any of my posts, I think that only one has had a direct correlation thus far. That being said, Alan Hynes, is one of the more talented graphic designers of our day, and his posters really set him aside from the pack. So check out this interview with him on someone else's blog, its really cool, http://omgposters.com/2009/07/30/ten-questions-with-alan-hynes/ Also check out more of his posters here, http://www.gigposters.com/designer/6171_Alan_Hynes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment