Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Insignificance

Photobucket
Just a few days into my new blog and I'm already completely over it. Shame floods my being, as I think of the 3 wasted hours (it was actually way more, but I'm saying 3 just to trick myself in feeling less SHAME) that I've already spent to write my other posts. This blog was my big chance to introduce myself to the world of big-time international globetrotting blogging superstars. By now (and based solely on my first post alone) I'd be getting emails all the time from super-interesting net celebrities, and seemingly hot girls with links to facebook/myspace pages (ah...the life). But thus far not to be. Where is my spotlight? Come on internet, I wanna be the next Tila or Perez, a real relevant superstar!

I might as well press on, even without my entirely deserved following of internet lemmings. Maybe posting up a cool italo track will get me the fame that is rightfully mine (why else would I exist, right?). Feel the Drive (Instrumental) is by Doctor's Cat, which is a cool name to have if you make music. They could have simply named the group Cat, which is pretty cool. I mean cats are quite loveable but also unpredictable and vicious at times, and really annoying in the morning when you are trying to sleep. But the cat that belongs to the doctor...hmmmmmmm...at least that is somewhat more mysterious and dignified than a regular cat. These guys have upped the ante slightly. Also, using the same letters, it could read "Doctor Scat", which translates (for all you non zoology majors) to mean "Doctor Animal Shit". That's pretty cool too. Aldo Martinelli and Fabrizio Gatto (Gatto means cat too, WOW) are the main members of the crew, and they started putting out italo-disco tracks on Il Discotto Productions in 1983, which is when Feel the Drive first dropped. That label is in its own right a pretty awesome obscure italo label, with tendencies toward the italo-electro feel; they also put out great 12"s for Cerrone and Gino Soccio a little later on.
Doctor's Cat - Feel The Drive (Instrumental)

No comments:

Post a Comment