Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm The Best

Photobucket
All I have to drink at home right now is kombucha and liquor. One is really good for you, and the other is really bad for you. Since -1 + 1 = 0, I know that this is actually a super drink! I can have as many as I want and everything will turn out peachy, I totally won't be hung over at work while I spend an hour putting up another post behind my bosses' back.

Enough with the sarcasm, I'm putting up three hot ass tracks with out too much description. I'll give a little teaser though, I just don't wanna blow my creative load too early.

First off we've got The Flirts with a cut called You and Me. If a girl sang this to me I would probably be all excited at first, but then I'd feel super creeped out after the second chorus. But no girl would ever sing this to me, at least not the whole way through, unless she was in the band (which would probably make her at least 45 now), and even then, its obviously for the sake of the song, which is totally transient in expressing the sentiment of the composition. So it'd be okay.
The Flirts - You and Me

Next up, Roger Troutman of Roger and Zapp fame, with Max Axe, a cut about his new instrument, a guitar/sax combo (likely just some new effects box he got the day before). Talk about homo-erotic, the chorus is "I need a freakin tool to freak to". And don't take that wrong way, it was meant as a compliment. Wax Poetics recently did an article on Roger which has way more intellegently thought out dialogue and correspondence that I couldn't even dream about accomplishing in my dumb blog, so check it. Truly a slice of pure dancefloor funk, which I found on Joey Negro's new comp, Locked in The Cellar. Very worth checking out (as all his comps tend to be)!
Roger - Max Axe

Lastly, the one that's been the most in my head, Danger Zone by Midnight Express. Look up the video on Youtube, I don't have the time or desire to post the link right now. Catchy as shit with the hottest, funkiest, dirtiest bassline I've heard for the early 80s, this is an absolute monster! Nothing says its the 80s like Danger Zone. Say it out loud. Asking for an edit (maybe if I ever get my shit together).

Midnight Express - Danger Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment