Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Photobucket
If I wanted to write a longer, sharper post today, I’d have to get some more coffee right now, and honestly I’d prefer to be a zombie for the rest of the day. I did the two cups thing yesterday, and my digestive system was not too pleased with my choice; I’ve already had one cup today, and then I had a bunch of dried fruit, so I really have to make sure that I make the proper dietary choices for the rest of the day to avoid a liquid surprise later (fiber and coffee is a deadly combo. I wonder why people don’t read my blog?). Anyway, I’m putting up some Gil Scott Heron tracks today from the album 1980 which he did with collaborator Brian Jackson. I took a little trip over to Wikipedia to see if I could dig up any ridiculous trash about Heron (which there was plenty), since he is hypocritically living the life that he prophesized and warned against in his earlier albums. I’d heard from friends that his recent show in SF was among the more negatively awe-inspiring they’d been to. The picture posted above, is of Heron at the aforementioned show in San Francisco, where he looks very similar to the Toad from the Wind in the Willows (see pic below. Also note, that in the pic, Mr. Toad is accompanied by a police officer: possibly for a cocaine-related charge or parole violation).
Photobucket
Gil Scott Heron - 1980
Gil Scott Heron - Push Comes To Shove
Gil Scott Heron - Alien (Hold On To Your Dreams)
Gil Scott Heron - Willing

No comments:

Post a Comment