Thursday, December 17, 2009

Destroyer of Evil

Photobucket
I don't have much time for a post today, since I have my office holiday party (which they are doing at work, and during lunchtime this year, instead of at a restaurant or club or someplace that normal work places go to. I guess the T.E.T.s [tough economic times] strike again) to attend in a couple minutes. I'm expecting it to be a tad weird, as they will be serving us booze this year, for lunch, and then an hour later, we are expected to return to our desks, and actually do real work. I wouldn't say that I am planning on getting slammed at lunch today, but based on my past experience with open bars and awkward situations, I wouldn't be surprised when I'm on my third drink in twenty minutes (and I'm probably not the only one). Based on an office rumor I overheard, last year's holiday party was alcohol-free, due to the fact that someone threw up and embarassed themselves two years prior. Apparently the guard has changed, and this year, the fun committee or whomever plans these things, decided that it is again fine for us to drink liquor amongst other co-workers, but lets just limit it to lunch time, and then we can schedule legitimate business meetings directly following.

The tracks for today are from 80s Bronx electro producer Hashim, which in Arabic means "destroyer of evil" or "one who attracts women". In later forms of Arabic I can also be translated into the equivalent of the English word "sexy".
Hashim - Chateau Vie Remix (Castle Life)
Hashim - Al-Naafiysh Remix (The Soul)

No comments:

Post a Comment