Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Emancipation Of Mimi

Photobucket
I woke up with a ton of ideas today that seemed very well formed initially, and I attempted to work them out in my head in that “snooze” period, which lasts exactly ten minutes (between when I push the snooze button on the alarm and go back to bed, and then when I wake up to the alarm again). I scrambled to an unopened envelope and wrote down “Fetish Skate Video” and “Mariah Carey” on the back thinking I’d be able to remember all the minute details. I am now at work, and they seem not only extremely hazy in comparison to the earlier dream format, but also less interesting/funny and waaaay more retarded. I’ll attempt to develop them anyway, as I am not looking to really do anything with my bloggings, other than get my fingers moving.

The first retarded idea dealt with the very homophobic world of skateboarding. Being openly gay and a into skateboarding is a definite no-no amongst most skaters (the majority of whom are probably in their teenage years, and very influenced by a number of things outside of their own mental capacity to make reasonable decisions). This is often a product of some working class, ignorant, macho, derelict, Pabst-blue-ribbon, flannel shirt type of vibe that a bunch of skaters tend to subscribe to. They say that statistically 1 out of every 10 men is gay; I’m sure that within skate culture the ratio is much lower, as it is not an activity that really speaks to a large variety of people outside of heterosexual males, and additionally its probably very intimidating for those who are outside of that category that it does interest (but within that category, it is at least racially very open; not so much across gender and sexual orientation). Regardless, it is fun to do, and all people like fun. So I was thinking maybe we need a gay skate video, with some pros (there must be a few who are secretly gay) coming out of the closet. It’d be a big Fuck You to skate culture. Sadly it’d probably end their careers, as I remember hearing rumors at skate spots from time to time about which pros are “confirmed gay” followed with some negative sentiments, and I figured that maybe the Gay Pride Skate Video would not work on its target audience. Instead, why not just go a couple steps beyond attempting to educate a few kids of the ignorance of homophobia (besides the vid would probably just become a target that they could use to reinforce what they already believe, unfortunately), and instead just blow a few minds by coming out with a hardcore fetish themed skate video, that will show some ripping: not only in the street, but in the club and the bedroom. It’ll be a place where skaters land and turn tricks, often in the same line. It’d showcase leather fetishes, circle jerks, cruising, all types of shit that skaters would generally be turned off of, but kids would totally buy it, thinking that they are gonna be really hardcore, for having a video with events and topics well beyond their sexual comprehension (Kind of like how it was cool to watch Faces of Death when you were 15, even though it is in no way enjoyable). Shit. In re-reading this BS, I don’t even know if I should put this out there, but if I don’t, I would have wasted a whole 30 minutes writing all of it up. If anything, it’s the homage to my thoughts on the astral plateau, which I cannot deny.

The second idea was “Mariah Carey” and beyond the name that’s all I can remember, which sucks because I’m pretty sure that I had a brilliant concept that would have put the fetish skate video idea into the trash can. I do remember having that song Touch My Body stuck in my head when I woke up (which was actually in a skate video). I also know that Mariah has an amazing Sanrio collection.
Fatback - Keep Your Fingers Out The Jam
Fatback - Want To Dance
Fatback - Get Ready for the Night

No comments:

Post a Comment