Monday, December 14, 2009

Huntsville

Photobucket
No sleep. Dark circles. Coffee. Work. Suck. Blues. I’m feeling real country today, because I’m wearing a denim shirt with pearl buttons and listening to Jim Ford. I’m just connecting on that mental plain, which is odd, as I have little country experience, outside of going to summer camp in Maine for 3 months when I was 9 and being involved in the Boy Scouts during my adolescence (not that being in a Boy Scout troop in Studio City is country, but we did go on a lot of trips to country type places, which will no doubt be blogged about at some point). Country is stereotypically floods, farms, animal shit, Wallmart, sheriffs, church, whiskey, beans, sagebrush, snus, wranglers, fires, smells, and a bunch of other shit that I really have no real experience with. Nowadays, country is IPods, online purchases, Nickelback, meth, and mini-malls.

More coffee. More Suck. Based on what I’ve already wrote, I should probably put up some country shit to draw a parallel between the content and the medium. But One Mans Problem is sometimes deliberately a letdown in multiple departments, and my denim shirt is just not enough incentive for me to tie things together. Screw it. I’ll do the obvious, and in doing so I will actually blow everyone’s mind with my self-proclaimed and pointless reverse-reverse logic. I’m having problems keeping my eyes open at the moment, and in re-reading what I have written up to this point, I realize that it’s time to stop writing and close this moment in blog history, so as to avoid falling asleep with my face on the keyboard with the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz key depressed. So here is the obvious: two dollar bin jams from Christopher Cross. Whether or not this qualifies as country or yacht rock is up to you to decide (fuck it, this is denim shirt music).
Christopher Cross – Ride Like the Wind
Christopher Cross - Sailing

No comments:

Post a Comment