Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Counter Culture

Photobucket
While at the video store the other day, I noticed that the clerk was moaning under his breath, as a couple near the register discussed whether or not to rent the movie A Mighty Wind. Dude, was fed up with all these fakers not renting the right stuff, and it was clear that he has that complex which a lot of peeps in the retail world have: no one understands me/you people are all idiots. I get it, as I had the same complex when I worked at a record store, and I’d have to ring up Radiohead CDs and listen to people spew about how Thom Yorke changed their lives. But dude, you gotta just step back sometimes and think, I work at the place that harbors all the things that I love, and while it may be an outlet for retards with horrible taste to cop “tip of the iceberg” cinema (or fill in the blank with a specific product), when they could dig for some real meat, it is still a haven for obsessives (like you) to geek out. So to all the underpaid ‘tards who work at places that foster the things that they are actually passionate about , perk up for a moment. You are where you belong, and if your boss and/or management are dicks, just start stealing. It really makes that abuse tolerable.
Kurupt - Calling Out Names

No comments:

Post a Comment