Thursday, February 25, 2010

Super Juice

Photobucket
Sometimes I get so fucking juiced up on an album that I actually get “happy”, and my legs go all dumb and jumpy. Someone today was like “What’s wrong with your face”, and I was like, “I’m smiling” (first off that is a bitten joke, and nobody has even talked to me today). So the album that has gotten me mega pumped up to the maxxxxx is Correlations by Ashra, formerly Ash Ra Tempel (remember how I used to write incoherently about music occasionally on this blog?). I read on the nets that Manuel Göttsching (lead guitarist and general creative force behind Ashra) basically set the tone for modern techno with that E2-E4 album of his (the one that has the minimal checkered covered and goes for a buttload of cash), but this is not that album. This shit is that pulsating, psychedelic, synthy, proggy, hypnotic, melodic, druggy, material that I wish I could have experienced the first time around in Germany, but instead I’m stuck at bar I fucking hate (like Amnesia in SF) going to see Jonas Reinhardt (which isn’t a bad thing, those dudes absolutely kill it regardless of the territory) do it 30-odd years later.
Ashra - Club Cannibal

No comments:

Post a Comment