Monday, January 4, 2010

Night Mind

Photobucket
Lately I have not been sleeping much, due to my mind racing out of control with brilliant ideas. At least they seem brilliant when I’m in that state, so brilliant that I will actually stay partially awake in bed developing them to intricate degrees. I fear in those instances that the act of getting up to write the stuff down, will prologue my sleeplessness, and instead I just opt to think the ideas through repetitively so that I’ll remember them in the morning (the act of which also prevents me from sleep). Often I do remember, but it’s always just a fragment of the general concepts, and all the real night juice and details are lost. Here is an example of some scribbled notes that I took after waking up:

"Night Mind, idea for movie/comedy about transgender lieutenant, lyrics to songs, restless lack of sleep, Avatar pact with America - James Cameron's balls come out in 3D for credits and IMAX theaters are equipped with salty mist so audience can simulate ball licking, pic of Ren with mind device."

I slightly remember having a dope title and most of the story worked out for the transgender lieutenant movie, and I know that I had written the lyrics to an entire song in my head that night, and all I was able to recount in the morning was “lyrics to songs”. I know that'd it would benefit me to actually get up and just hash it out, and just be at peace with it. Although actually opening my eyes and writing it all down, would prevent the Night Mind from further developing the concepts, so maybe at best I’d be able to capture what I’d just thought of, and quit then. What needs to be developed is the Helmet that Ren wears in the Space Madness episode, which records the Captain’s Log straight from his mind. That way I could just lay down and record the Night Mind in real time.
Drugs - Deep Down In The Dumps

No comments:

Post a Comment