Monday, January 11, 2010

Facebook

Photobucket
Fucking Facebook is the ultimate validation of popularity. I never felt that I was particularly popular, but I did at one point feel that people I know would respond somewhat (whether positively or negatively) to my attempted jokes and banter. There is nothing worse than typing up a quick soliloquy summarizing your agony, or posting a link that defines your sentiments concretely, and receiving absolutely no response, while Cool Girl 87 posts up “I love tacos” and gets 15 responses from her peer group, affirming that sentiment like she deserves a Nobel Prize. On Myspace, I felt that my relatively low friend count, made me selective, as opposed to pathetic. But with Facebook, that shit is ultra-tested to the max, as you can have tons friends (who don’t give a shit about you) and you basically bomb your audition to entertain them, every time a post goes unanswered. It’s a harsh-ass barge, and a high school-esque dose of reality ("Facial...Disgracial" to be muttered with a Valley accent).

Tracks this week are all courtesy of Fenster a.k.a. (DJ) Fenstar. Dude has an epic record collection, and I’m already hyper-stoked on the jams that we recorded the other day. Even back in the day, he was waaaaay ahead of his time; anyone who has seen the Pineapple Man freestyle homevideo knows that even as a teen, he was destined for great things. Today’s track is a dollar bin find, of synth geek Don Muro, and as a bonus, there's a Fatback track I've been meaning to put up, which if I don't put up now, I'll surely forget and then be wasting 8MB of space in my Divshare account (which would be wack, since I'm all about keeping that shit tight and tidy).
Don Muro - Squash
Fatback - (Are You Ready) Do The Bus Stop

2 comments:

  1. "Thanks for the words".....I need to get a copy of that video from Browne so that i can show it to my kids and tell them "This is how you act when you get really really high"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fenstar remains ahead of his time...man i miss the good ole days with your guys.

    ReplyDelete