Monday, March 29, 2010

Back It Up

Photobucket
So for the eight-billionth time, I needed to get on my skateboard to escape my life, and I wound up re-injuring my back (I was sort of aware this would happen, as, being down & out and impulsive, makes for having little to no self-control). Unfortunately, skateboarding and booze are my only two outs for current problems in my brain, and they both damage my body. What the fuck? In order to remedy one, I have to damage the other. Odd how that works, but I guess its fitting, in a very sick way (thank you God, I hope you are laughing). Buying stuff is another go-to method of coping, but that hurts the wallet, and actually doesn't really help the brain, unless your new material possession somehow tricks the brain into thinking that you are now somehow improved (this is the mind frame that capitalism feeds on; my insecurities ultimately make others rich!). Of course, music helps too, and I don't think that there is a much better tune to post up (that hits some of the sentiment expressed in self-healing, at least lyrically) than A Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy by The Kinks. For an extra added bonus, I've included another track of sheer sublime beauty, Jennifer, by Faust. These two are getting me through tough times of pain and anguish, so hopefully they'll do something for you.
The Kinks - A Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy
Faust - Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment