The Grow Up 1 Year Anniversary is going down next week, Wednesday July 7th, 2010, the 188th day of the year (189th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. Now obviously since I have a vested interest in Grow Up, July 7th is therefore a very relevant date in my life. Let's take a look at some other important July 7s throughout history:
- 1923, University of Delaware invents "junior year abroad" (at Sorbonne)
- 1956, 7 Army trucks loaded with dynamite explode in middle of Cali, Columbia killing 1,100-1,200, destroying 2,000 buildings
- 1972, Dutch Minister decides to ignore soft drug usage
- 1973, 78 drown as flash flood sweeps a bus into a river, India
- 1986, It is reported Boy George is being treated for heroin addiction
- 1990, Bill Cullen, game show host (Price is Right), dies at 70 of cancer
- 2006, The Western Black Rhinoceros is declared extinct due to poaching
Now, 4 years since mankind realized that they'd forced the WBR into leaving the planet for eternity, the Grow Up 1 Year Anniversary just so happens to be going down (and what a fruitful lineage we have to follow). Big line up on this one, as members of Jonas Reinhardt are DJing, along with Oakland's Chungtech. Excitement!
In honor of the 1 Year Anniversary, I'm putting up one of my alltime, high-figure-fetching-if-its-even-there-on-ebay tunes. If need be, look up the relevance of this track on someone else's blog. I got this one from the comp, Maiden Voyage, on Compost records, which has along with it a gaggle of other really seminal and/or rare jams for those who like to boogie.
James Mason - I Want Your Love